Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Alamo

I got a quick history lesson today when I visited The Alamo in San Antonio.  It is a beautiful mission with such historic significance.  I was not allowed to take photos inside, so these are just of the outside.










 
This gentleman was explaining the history of the Alamo to visitors.



 
 
There's a little square across the street from the Alamo.  It is a very pretty area.




 
 
 
I spent the rest of the day wandering around downtown San Antonio.  It's a nice area and I loved the old buildings.
 







 
 
Even the McDonalds has a cool building!

 
A man and his Chihuahua!

 
This shop had so much stuff - you could never see it all.


 
No shortage of Day of the Dead!

 
The aforesaid little Chihuahua.

 
Best bobble-head ever!

 
I hate this antiquated tradition of animals hauling around humans.  Why couldn't they ride the little trolley right behind them and leave that horse alone?!

 
 
In MY perfect world, the horse is sitting in the carriage and that guy in the hat is pulling HIM around!


So beautiful