Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Texas to New Mexico

I hit I-10 this morning at San Antonio, for the long drive to Las Cruces, New Mexico.  The road is long, with a many a winding turn - that leads us to who knows where?!  I-10 is a great road on this stretch; well-kept and not a lot of traffic.  But, it's very, very, very long!

 
I love it that you can go 80mph here!

 
Any kind of change in scenery at all is exciting!


 
No clue what this thing might be!  But, I was thinking maybe it was something important that would warrant me taking a picture of it.

 
As long as they drill here and not off the Gulf Coast of Florida, I'm ok with it.


 
 
I have no tolerance for this time zone nonsense.  First, it's Central, then Mountain, then Daylight Savings, then Arizona does whatever it wants and doesn't observe any time zone.

 
 
Being that I had never been to El Paso, I was going to stop there and have lunch.  But, the outskirts of it were NOT attractive and once I saw this traffic, not even during rush-hour, I decided to keep going.  Maybe El Paso is nice, but I didn't see anything to indicate that.

 
 
I am thinking that maybe I might not need the jackets, sweaters, hats, and gloves packed in the trunk of my car!

 
Finally, New Mexico!

 
And, a nice warning!

 
I love this little wooden pod-flower.  I think it grows from a yucca plant.