Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Grand Canyon

 
I love this National Park!
 

 
The Colorado River - waaaaay down there!


 
Last time I was here, I hiked down into the Grand Canyon.  Having nearly DIED coming back up, I swore I wold never do that again.  Today was such a pretty day, so I couldn't resist.  It's sooo easy going down. It's coming back up that is brutal!  I didn't go as far down today.





 
Ancient Rock Art (in red)


 
Yeah, I'm looking real happy now - because I was going down!



 
This was a smiling group of smart-alec kids who passed me.  They were nearly running down the trail.  I wish I could be there to see them come back up.  I bet they won't be smiling!

 
Rock Art - A Big-Horn Sheep (although a guy from Alabama argued with me that it looked more like a mule - he might be right).

 
Some people will do anything for a photo op!


 
Aaah, too bad.


 
I believe these little birds are Eastern Bluebirds.

 
Monarch Butterfly



 
Kermie and the Red Cat.

 
By the end of the day, I stripped down and got rid of the wool hat and jacket!

 
I would not take even a million dollars for my trusty hiking stick!

 
If you don't want to walk yourself down into the Canyon, you can get one of these animals to haul you down.  But, one slip of the hoof and you're history!