Friday, October 5, 2012

A Day in Tucson, AZ

The main attraction here seems to be cactus, cactus, and more cactus.  The city is easy to get around and very clean - from what I saw of it.  I like it here, but the 107-degree heat is a bit much!!

 
This was a neighborhood with some beautiful homes.  And, again, every yard has nothing but cactus.





 
I thought this artwork on the freeway entrance was pretty.
 
 
 
On the drive to the National Park, you pass through this mountain park.  It was really beautiful with a very winding road.


 

 
Me enjoying this beautiful place!
 
 
 
The place is beautiful, but really, really, really hot!
 
"This is Africa-hot!"
 
And, I topped my day off with a fantastic meal from Lovin' Spoonfuls, a vegetarian restaurant here in Tucson.  It was delicious.
 
 
This is a fake-bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich.

 
These were fake-chicken strips.  OMG, they were delicious!  (What wouldn't be delicious about anything batter-fried?!)