Friday, October 5, 2012

Las Cruces NM to Tucson AZ

This is a very easy drive along I-10.  The scenery is different than anything that I am used to, so I enjoyed the drive - lots and lots of open space and yucca plants.  The best part was the dust storms that kick up.  Apparently, this is a common thing here.  They are like little dust-tornados.  It was a beautiful day, despite the 100 degrees.

This is NOT just the biggest chile in New Mexico - it is the biggest chile in the WORLD!  How could I not stop and take a picture of it?!

 
The V/W Bus is nice too.

 
For the second time in a day, I was stopped at the Border Patrol (everybody was; you had to stop).  They stop you and ask you what country you are from.  The first time it happened today, I thought it was because I was on the missile range; but, this time, it was on I-10.  It's very strange.


 
I thought this was a very cute little picnic pavillion at a rest stop in New Mexico.




 
I have come to love I-10 - a great road!

 
Here's the dust storm warning.  These signs are all along the highway.

 
 
See, it's just some dust twirling around for no reason.  I couldn't stand to live here; everything you owned would always be covered in dust (like my car!).


 
 
(Click on the play button to play video.)
 
 
 
 
Out of New Mexico and into Arizona.


 
Dust storms here too.