Monday, October 8, 2012

Joshua Tree National Park

I entered this National Park from the I-10 side (near Palm Desert).  I was surprised that, as I drove farther and farther into the park, I didn't see any Joshua Trees.  There were plenty of rocks, cactus, yucca plants, and an occasional chipmunk.  But, no Joshua Trees.  I finally found them as I drove towards the other entrance (Joshua Tree, CA).

This is a beautiful national park.



Everyone must respect our national parks and leave them exactly as you found them.


This was a beautiful hike down to a lush garden area.


I don't think these are Joshua Trees; I believe them to be common palmtrees!




Not having my bird book with me, I have no idea what this bird is!


Lots of yucca plants.








I was taking a little hike and was lucky enough to have the benefit of some rare shade