Saturday, October 20, 2012

Japanese Tea Garden (San Francisco)

This is a magnificent Japanese Tea Garden in Golden Gate Park.  I have never seen grounds so beautiful and manicured.  It was a pretty day in south San Francisco to walk around here.






 
So, I stopped in the tea room for a spot of tea and a little lunch.  I have no idea what I ordered, but when it came, this was it.  This it NOT lunch.  This barely qualifies as a snack.  It was good, but not nearly enough food for me.

 
This was a sweet little thing rolled in powdered in sugar (how could that be anything but delicious?).  It was good, but I still have no idea what it was.

 
The tea room was so nice overlooking the gardens.









 
I think the technical name for big, super-giant goldfish is Koi.





 
This is just such a beautiful place.