Saturday, October 27, 2012

Albuquerque, NM

This is an area of Albuquerque, New Mexico, called Old Town.  There are great shops, restaurants and other things to do.  It was a beautiful day to walk around Albuquerque.
 





 

 
Albuquerque is known for Hot Air Balloons.  This was a shop with nothing but balloons.











 
I love this shop.  The owner has local artists' work for sale in the shop.  I always visit here when I am in Albuquerque.


 
This is a strange cemetery.  It is located right at the entrance ramp of the freeway.  It is very unkept, and there is a cross on every grave.  I couldn't find anyone who knew the history of it.  There was another one just like it on the other side of the freeway.  While some of the graves were very old, some were new.


 
This was very elaborate.  The deceased must have loved boxing.








 
Much better gas prices than California!!
 
 
My day concluded in Albuquerque with another fantastic vegan meal - this time from a cute little place called Mint Tulip.  I had the BLT, with a side of delicious potato salad.  (Fake B, of course.)
 


 
I don't know what that fake bacon was, but it was SO good!