Tuesday, October 2, 2012

RiverWalk (San Antonio)

On one of my travel forums, everybody kept telling me to go to RiverWalk when I was in San Antonio.  It would have never occurred to me to go there; but, I was SO glad I did.  It isn't just a standard walk among shops and restaurants; it's a beautiful architectural masterpiece!  I even sprung for $8 for the river cruise - it was informative and fun!

 
That's the little boat I was riding in.












 
I love the gargoyles!


 
 
A tree growing out of a building.

 
I wish I had stayed at THIS hotel!



 
This was a beautiful mosaic.

 
A Gothic Church.


 
 
Yaaaay!
 
 
 
And, as usual, while there are beautiful things surrounding me to photograph, I am snapping pictures of the vermin!  (The little mallards may not appreciate being called "vermin.")






 
Doesn't get much better than this.  It was a beautiful day in San Antonio today!